Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander


This is my second Tamera Alexander book to review, and this book was not a disappointment. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and going through their joys and trials with them.

A Lasting Impression is about young Claire Laurent. She is an artist that longs to create her own works rather than the forgeries her father demands. When tragedy strikes, Claire finds herself in Nashville, Tennessee working at the Belmont Mansion. She is determined to begin again and leave her past behind.

Sutton Monroe also works at the Belmont Mansion. He is a rising attorney who dreams of a different life. Unfortunately, the effects of the Civil War threaten to destroy the future he yearns for. Claire meets Sutton and the two slowly begin to trust each other. However, both Sutton's and Claire's pasts loom over their possible futures.

I enjoyed this book immensely. I laughed and cried along with the characters as they navigated Nashville and Belmont Mansion.

A big thank you to Bethany House Publishing Group for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CRF, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Great book review. I think I can use this to check out more at the bookstore =)

    Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete